Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow Baby?!

Survived day 6 of bedrest....the good news is that it is working! I have actually been keeping myself pretty busy. Grandma Claire came out for a few days to stay with me while Tomasz was at work. We just watched TV and did small chores around the house. It was very relaxing and nice to have the company. Yesterday my cousin Melissa came into Manhattan with Uncle Mike to stay with me for the night. It was so good to catch up and just relax and eat pizza and ice cream with her. Tomasz was able to work his schedule this month so that when he is at work his layovers are in NYC. This enables him to come home while he is working to be with Ozzy and I and even get paid while he is home!
Among all of the visitors I had a few doctors appointments. I have been going to the doctor every two days to monitor my blood pressure, baby's heart rate and protein in my urine. Today my blood pressure went down to 134/89. Still a little high, but much better compared to the last visit of 140/99. The best rest is defiantly working. I have mixed emotions because I feel like I caused some of the blood pressure maybe working too much or being too active. The doctor said no matter what you do during pregnancy some women will get preclampsia or PIH.(Pregnancy Induced Hypertension). What I can do is monitor my salt intake and stay of my feet to reduce the effects that the blood pressure has on my body. None the less it is still great that everything is looking better. When I was weighed today I lost 4 pounds since last week. At first we were concerned, but the weight loss is probably due to excessive fluid that my body was retaining.-- Trust me, if you have been around me it is not due to a lack of eating. ;) I have gained a total of 26 pounds throughout the pregnancy thus far.
On Monday I will go for a biophysical sonogram as I will be 37 weeks pregnant. This sonogram will be able to monitor all of Ela's movements, amniotic fluid, muscle tone, and make sure she is where she is supposed to be as far as growth. After the sonogram, I go back to see Dr. Kanos and we will discuss the due date and where we go from this point. Tomasz asked alot of good questions while at the doctor...good thing because I went blank. One of which was if I go past my due date. Kanos said that there is no way that they will let me go past my due date and although my preclampsia has gone down to a milder case they will most likley induce me if the blood pressure stays where it is at. Tomasz also asked about how the blood pressure plays into the delivery as I would still like to have a natural delivery. Kanos said they monitor the blood pressure, and stress does not always make the pressure go up but it is an underlying thing in my body. He also said that they give magnesium through and IV which controls the pressure. Thank goodness for my worry wort husband....

More to come later. I am crossing my fingers that Dr. Kanos will deliver us on 1.11.11, but I doubt it because it is too soon. What a cool birthday that would have been for little Ela! :)

**Whats going on this week?!**


How far along? 36 Weeks-- Will be 37 on Sunday
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Maternity clothes? Whatever is comfy...at least bed rest accommodates the comfy clothes
Food Craving of the Week: Kiwi, back on the Falafel kick
Sleep: It never fails I wake up at 3 am each morning and am back to sleep by 5:30. Maybe that's Ela's sleep schedule.
Best moment this week: Seeing my cousin...Its been a while
Movement: Slowed down but still feel her.
Belly Button in or out? ummm...looks funny its an "ish"
What I miss: Believe it or not....Working
What I am looking forward to: Ela's Birthday
Weekly Wisdom:  Be in touch with your body
Milestones: I am full term at this point.

One more thing!...... Susan and Nate found out the sex of Baby K! They are expecting a little boy in June! I am so excited for them at that Ela will have a little boyfriend to play with :)
Check out Susan's blog. http://www.reallifetravels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment