Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Life

We have a new name for our blog! I was having a hard time thinking of a  name, but this was a quote that was on the wall in the hospital and I think that it is so fitting! Plus now that I am not pregnant the thought of pickles and a few other "I must-have-it" preganancy foods repulse me! I even do not have much of a taste for ice cream.( I am sure that one will come back quickly though.)

I think that we are finally starting to get adjusted to life with three. We love our little girl so much it is indescribable!  It is getting easier and easier as each day goes on as far as her sleeping and feeding schedule. Trust me over the past week we have had many sleepless nights but the old addage to "Sleep while she is sleeping" is the best advice that we have taken. That is sometimes the only time that we get any sleep.I think that it will be easy to loose the pregnancy weight becuase everytime I go to eat Ela cries to be fed or changed. If this keeps up, I will disapear by summer. Either way we are enjoying every minute of being parents. She makes the cutest faces, and smiles when you rub her face and even how cute she is when she scares herself when she burps!

Ela's Bathtime

For all of the fellow moms to be, this is a great article on Breast Feeding.(Thanks Lisa)
Ela and I are finally getting the hang of breast feeding! It was very hard the first few days for the both of us. Once I started making milk it was all smooth sailing from there. Not only is it benefical to mom and baby, but it is great bonding with little Ela!

"The World Health Organization and American Academy of Pediatrics recommend exclusive breastfeeding for first 6 months because it benefits babies and mothers. Breast milk contains antibodies, which can protect babies from ear infections, digestive problems, and severe lung infections. Studies also suggest it protect babies against sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), diabetes, obesity and asthma. Moms also benefit, according to a report issued by Benjamin’s predecessor, former acting Surgeon General Dr. Steven Galson, which says breastfeeding benefits for moms include “reduced risk for type 2 diabetes, as well as breast and ovarian cancers.”

 And what would a day be without a few more pictures.....






 Ela got to meet her Babcia(Grandma) and Dziadek(Grandpa) this weekend! She is so lucky to have Grandparents that love her so much! She just has to meet Grandma Susan now! (In a few weeks) On Sunday, Ela will get to meet both of her Great Grandma's at once. It is a rare occurance that a child gets to meet a great grandma no less two. We can not wait!
More to come later. We are enjoying our time with the little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment