Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am SO excited!!

So the purpose of this blog is to distract myself from the pure excitment and anxiety of the fact that I am going to be enduced at 6pm today. We have been going back and forth with the doctor and the blood pressure and everything else. I went in for the biophysical sonogram yesterday and Ela is doing great! She already weighs 6.8 pounds and her head measures 9.3 inches. If I kept her full term that would be one big baby! That was the easy part. I then went for a non-stress test to see how her heart beat was etc. When they took my blood pressure it was 134/97. Sure enough I ended up in Triage again...they would not even let me leave the hospital to eat! I had been waiting since 11am and was so mad at 3:30pm when I went upstairs and sat in triage for a few hours hungry! As expected, after resting in the bed for 2 hours the blood pressure got better. The nurses were joking around with me and Tomasz saying that we were "frequent flyers" and we should start to earn miles off of our trips there! The resident doctor sent me home and said tommorrow talk with your doctor regarding induction as Ela is great and then next three weeks would involve a trip to the hospital for me for non-stress testing due to the blood pressure getting progressivly higher. I am also begining to dialate and am 80% effaced. Sooo........ the doctor called this morning and schedule for me to be induced tonight at 6pm. 

Hearing the words that we were going to be parents tonight was crazy! We have been waiting for this for 9 months and as ready as I thought I was I am so scared. Tomasz has had butterflys in his stomach since we found out. When we got back inside the apartment, he starting packing up her baby bag for the hospital. This was  a very funny event to watch. He put in a couple of onsies a few blankets and then a thermometer, nailclipper, nose drain etc. I had to stop and remind him that we were going to the hospital and there is a small chance that they would have a thermometer ;) How cute!

Needless to say we are all ready and are SO EXCITED to meet our little Ela and have the newest edition of our family come home with us! Next time you check the blog we will have pictures up!

See you in a few hours Ela! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment