Saturday, November 23, 2013

37 Weeks- Full Term



Well I officially made it "Full Term" (according to the old standards at least). Bets on a Birthday?!




How far along? 37 Weeks
How many weeks left? 3
Total weight gain: 22 pounds up until I stopped walking... So grand total now is 26
Food Craving of the Week: Bagels and Cream Cheese(This never seems to go away)
Sleep: No way! Up every few hours using the restroom.
Best moment this week: Reading what Ela was thankful for at school.
Movement: Slowing down some.
Belly Button in or out?Out...Old News
What I miss: Going out for a drink with my Hubby
What I am looking forward to: Ela and Julia meeting; she is SO SO excited.
Weekly Wisdom: Relax
Milestones: Made it to full term.

Ela's thoughts on Baby Sister: Ela keeps telling everyone her sister is going to be out in "5 minutes". After getting out of the shower I go in and find Ela with her baby on her chest. I asked what she was doing. She said " my baby is biting my boobies to eat". CLASSIC!

At this point Ela was already born. I (we ) have spent the last two weeks making sure we kept sweet little Julia to stay put. After podrominal labor for about 3-4 week and a "false alarm" scare at 35 weeks, I found out that I was 1cm dilated . I guess I am that statistic that you read about that can walk around for weeks being dilated. I was not put on bed rest(I refused), but I stopped taking the subway to work, started driving, and literally sit at my desk all day at work. It worked! I really miss walking those 4-6 miles a day and gained 3 pounds quickly over the past 2 weeks. On Tuesday I experienced some severe and regular contractions. Tomasz and I thought it was time to head to the hospital. Its so funny that when I thought I was in labor, the first thing I did was clean the apartment, make a to do list for Ela, and laid out her clothes and lunches for the next few days. Its so funny how you go into nesting(panic) overdrive. Tomasz was getting really nervous and kept wanting to leave immediately, but I wanted to see if I could get them to stop. After three bathtubs, and 64 ounces of water they became less regular and I decided to follow up with my doctor's office the next day. I was sent home not any more dilated and told to return when the contractions became regular. Baby girl was given stress tests and I will now go every 5 days until she is born. (She failed the first two but I knew it was because she was sleeping--She never moves much during the day.)

On another note, I personally am thankful for so much, the biggest to be thankful for is  my growing family. Tomasz and I went to pick up Ela from school and it made my heart melt to see that she was already thankful for her baby sister on the "Thankful Tree".  (In addition to my fun shaped pancakes I make on Saturday mornings) I am also thankful for the sweet moments in life. I was cuddling with Tomasz before we got up to start our day(I hopped over the Snuggle pillow barrier) and as we were laying together Julia kept kicking him through my belly and he could feel it. Melt.My.Heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment