Saturday, June 28, 2014

Conversations with my Toddler- Chapter 5



Every time you see her she is smiling.
She brings so much joy to us every day with her wit,
sass, and good humor. Too.smart.for.her.own.good.

Walking home from school:
Ela: Can you carry me?(I have Julia in the Bjorn)
Me: Honey I can't I am carrying Julia.
Ela: But your not pregnant anymore, that's not fair.

Ela after getting a skin infection on her leg/bum area laying on the couch.
I am going to have to stay here forever because my bum bum hurts too bad. Maybe I can even eat dinner here.

Ela: I am Doc McEla. Are you under the weather?

Ela: I like Tata, I like Mommy, I like Julia....but I LOVE myself.

Ela: See my baby?
Me: Yes, she is cute.
Ela: She is one year ago old.

Ela: Mom, ask me what I wished.
Me: What do you wish?
Ela: That my boobs made milk too so I can feed my babies.

Ela: I want milk for bed.
Me: Ok, In a few minutes.
Ela: "No butts about it lady"

I wake up to find Ela in my bed....
Me: What are you doing in Mommy's bed? Did you get scared?
Ela: No, I am here because you are my Mommy and I love you.

A few days later...(Toddlers are so moody)
Me: Tata's at work tonight do you want to sleep in my bed and cuddle?
Ela: No thanks. You take up too much space.

Ela and Julia playing
Julia coughs...
Ela: Julia, didn't Mommy teach you to cover your mouth. That's really not nice when I am trying to share with you.

Me: I am so tired today. (I lay down on the couch.)
Ela: Why dont you go to sleep Mom, I wont wake you up and I will watch Julia for you.

Ela: Mom, I need a spoon
Me: What for Ela? You are eating french fries.
Ela: I don't want the french fries, I want to eat the catchup.

After the 5th time of asking Ela to go to bed.
Ela: I just cant because someone left the light on outside.

Ela: Mom what is wrong with Julia?
Me: I dont know why?
Ela: She farts all the time and she smells.

Ela: I cant eat this chicken.
Me: Why?
Ela: It has nuts on it.
Me: No, it does not. And besides you are not allergic to nuts anymore.
Ela: Ok then it has seeds on it. (she still is allergic to sesame)
Me: Nice try Ela.

Ela: Aunt Amanda whats this? (pointing to the mailbox)
You can so tell that she is a city kid!

And the best yet... The girl has my back!
I am feeding Julia and I screamed because she bit me. Ela asked what happened. I tell her. All of a sudden she comes rushing over. "Julia, mommy is my best sweetheart. If you bite her nip-pole again, I will break your teeth and you wont get any more milk." "Do you understand? "


No comments:

Post a Comment