Sunday, August 4, 2013

Conversations with My Toddler

Yes, I always say "I love this age" for every age Ela has grown. I guess I just love my child and that's what the real story is behind it....BUT the first few weeks/months of talking were great. Now at almost 3 years old, not only is Ela talking but totally understands what is going on around her. I really wanted a way to remember these moments, so here they are:



Cheese! For Ice Cream

Don't even need words for how cute she is.
(How about that leg pop pose?)

Showing off her Beach Bod



I go to pick up Ela from School one day.( I had not told the teachers I was pregnant yet:)
Teacher: Do you have something to tell us?
Me: No.....
Teacher: Ela said you have a baby in your belly and it eats allot!!
Yes! She spilled the beans.

On our way to School one day Ela asked where I was going:
Ela: Mommy where do you go when Ela in school
Me: I go to work
Ela: Like Tata?
Me: Yes, Mommy goes to work to make money for Tata and Tata goes to work to make money for Mommy.
Ela: Oh.... I think we have too much money now. Do you want to come to school with Ela?

I was getting dressed for work one day:
Ela: Mommy why do you hide your baby?

I was tickling and blowing raspberries on Ela's belly one morning when we woke up. She imitated and started doing the same to my Leg. I told her that it works better if she does it on my belly. She looked very concerned and said "Mommy I can not eat my baby"

Conversation at the park
Ela: Mommy I don't want to be a girl anymore
Me: Why not? You are too pretty to be a boy
Ela: Boys get to have more fun and play with scooters.

Ela woke up and Tomasz went in her room to get her. She comes running into our room crying:
Me: Ela whats wrong?
Ela: Mommy, Tata did not sing the Good Morning Song to me.
(I sing every morning)

As we are in the bath I was asking Ela about school.
Me: Who is your favorite teacher?
Ela: Ms. Katie
Me: I thought Ms. Tina was your favorite teacher?
Ela: Tina is on Day-Cation. Whats daycation?
Me: Vacation you mean? Vacation is when someone goes to relax and takes time off work.
Ela: Oh.... <thinking> Is Tata on Vacation?
Me: Yes, Well kind of .(He was in training for work)
Ela: With Ms Tina?
Me: Rolling on the floor laughing!!!

Ela threw her bagel on the ground when we were eating breakfast.
Me: Ela why did you do that? You have to eat.
Ela: "The birdies don't have Mommy's to feed them"

Brushing Ela's teeth before bed.
Ela: Mommy can I sleep in your bed?
Me: No honey you have to sleep in your own bed tonight.
Ela: I cant
Me: Why not?
Ela: Its Dangerous.
Me: Do you know what dangerous means? Why is it dangerous?
Ela: There is crocodiles in it.

Walking home from school in the rain one day:
Ela: Mommy go faster I am getting wet
Me: Ela, I am going as fast as I can. I have a baby in my belly and cant run
Ela: Well tell Baby to go faster too

Eating Ice Cream with Ela:
Ela: Mommy are you all done
Me: Yes,
Ela: I dont want to eat all this, then my belly will be like yours

Cooking in the kitchen I burnt myself. A few hours later I was putting cream on the burn.
Ela: Mommy what are you doing?
Me: Using cream for my boo boo
Ela: From the kitchen?
Me: yes
Ela: Mommy I told you, you need to be more careful next time.

Watching Ela on the Video Monitor, I see her walk up to where the camera is and say " Mommy, I am calling you do you hear me?"

I always tell Ela now that we are not using the stroller as much that she can not run away because I will be very sad and miss her if she is gone.As we are heading out to the store:
Ela: Mommy I want to walk, I don't want to bring the stroller
Me: Ok
Ela: Don't worry I wont run away I know you will miss me.

Cleaning out Ela's old clothes for her new sister:
Ela: Mommy can sister live with me in my room?
Me: Yes Ela.
Ela: Good but I will have to move because there is not enough room for Ela too.

Tomasz was calling Ela into the living room. After a few minutes of silence, Ela finally emerges and says:
Ela: "Tata I am sorry but I was doing something and very busy" (Very dramatically)





No comments:

Post a Comment