Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A little scare!

Jessi here....This post is mostly out of boardum as I have been in bed most of the day. We had a little scare but Mom and baby are perfectly fine!

This morning at 6am Tomasz and I were woken up(actually I woke up Tomasz) to pains in my abdomen and lower region. After calling both of our Mom's to figure out what was going on we ended up calling the doctor who advised I was having contractions and to come into the hospital.  Believe it or not I wanted to walk, I felt better walking than being in a crazy taxi.(It was only 4 blocks). I have to practice after all for my walk to the hospital when I deliver Ela. When we got to the hospital I gave a urine and blood sample and had a pelvic examination. I then was hooked up to the contraction monitor and found that I was having contractions due to a bladder infection that I did not know that I had. It is very common in pregnancy to have Urinary Track Infections (Or UBI as Tomasz calls them) and not even realize it. If you think about it a uterus sitting on your bladder does not sound like a fun time in general! I was given an IV and the contractions were monitored until they eventually stopped. It was pretty scary for both us thinking that little Ela was in there moving around. I know it sounds stupid, but I wonder if she knew what was going on? From now until the end of the pregnancy I will be on a daily antibiotic to prevent future bladder infections as they can cause premature labor.

Read about Pregnancy and UTI Infections

On a positive note we got to see Ela in a another sonogram today. She sure is getting big and although Tomasz thought he saw her sucking her thumb she just had her hand close to her mouth. Just as the doctor said she was sleeping, she starting moving her legs to let us know she sure was awake! I can not wait to meet her! I just don't want to meet her until she finishes baking!

We are heading to Atlanta on Friday morning to see our families and could not be more excited. Its been almost 5 months since Jessi has been back and although Tomasz gets to go back for a day here and there he is looking forward to seeing everyone. See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment