Saturday, March 10, 2012

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger....

Isn't that the truth!
If you keep up with my blog you can see the past few weeks have been a little challenging. And then came the icing on the cake.... I had emergency surgery to remove my appendix. Again can we say great timing?! For the past 6 months I have been having pains in my tummy but they ended up coming and going. I was told they were my hormones settling down from the pregnancy, a kidney infection and an ulcer. WRONG! It was chronic appendicitis. It was basically flare ups and then two weeks ago it became acute appendicitis leading to surgery. I was very grateful that we caught it somewhat early. I was in alot of pain but not as bad as it could have been. I was also very thankful Tomasz was at home when it happened. I went in for a CT Scan after a weekend of pain and nausea. They told me I would have the results in 48 hours. By the time I got off the subway 15 minutes later I had two missed calls to get to the ER immediatly. This was the last thing I expected to happen.

Recovering from abdominal surgery is no easy task. Due to the placement of my now former appendix, the surgery had to be done the old fashion knife way. I was cut through 3 layers of muscles, and did not realize how much I used them.Actually let me rephrase this....Recovering from abdominal surgery with a 1 year old is an even harder task!

While waiting to go into surgery Ela was running all over the hospital. This scared the crap out of me with all the germs. So I gave in and let her in bed with me. As you can see from the second picture I was in pain when she laid on me. When I woke up and was in recovery Ela looked scared to see me. I dont remember, but Tomasz said she just wanted to get in bed with me and kept pointing and saying "Ma".

I was so grateful to have all of the help and support from family and friends. They were all so willing to help and made everything much easier. I feel so lucky to have such good family near and far. Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks while I was recovering.

Uncle Stephen giving Ela a bath. One morning as I am laying in bed while he is getting ready for daycare I hear "Ela, please go poop at daycare so they have to change it and not me"- HOW CUTE!

Smiley in the morning. She loved having lots of family in town.
Uncle Stephen gave me a new hairstyle.
Helping Mommy carry the Dreft since she cant lift.- My kid is strong!
 I am slowly recovering. Not really in anymore pain just very sore. Hard times like the past few months do have a purpose. I have realized how lucky I am to have a now healthly family and such an amazing and supportive family.


No comments:

Post a Comment