Monday, January 23, 2012

One Year Older...One Year Wiser

As you all know my little baby turned on about two weeks ago. I knew this day was going to come since the day I got pregnant and even when she was born, I just did not think it would go by so fast. I will admit I was sad for her to turn one, I think most parents can relate. I know it has only been two weeks but I am starting to learn it might not be so bad that she is a "toddler"(can't believe I actually called her that). The other day I was sitting on the couch after I gave her bottle to drink. When she was born I would nurse her (which I loved for the bonding time) or feed her a bottle. Flash forward to January 2012 and my little lady sees the bottle, runs to her blanket and pillow and lays down and feeds her self.When she was done she got up ran over to me and hugged my leg. I just smiled and first though wow, is this my affectionate baby??...Then I realized the cute little one week old helpless baby that she used to be could not show me how much she loved me. I guess its not so bad she is getting old it just means she is getting smarter and growing and can show me so many more things in life. So it got me thinking what did I learn over the past year?....

  • You never truly know how much you can love your child...nor can you explain it.
  • Her smile or for that matter ANY babies smile can brighten my day.
  • Being a mother is quite possibly the hardest job in the world.
  • Target brand diapers cause major diaper rash!
  • Yes, it IS humanly possible to projectile spit up 3 feet
  • I can survive on 6 hours of sleep and actually feel worse when I sleep 8+
  • "Mama" in that sweet little high pitched voice is the best word ever
  • Just when you get somewhere in public your baby will poop or fall asleep
  • Colic is not a myth, i promise
  • Diapers that don't fit make for a big mess!
  • Open mouth sloppy wet kisses are worth the gooey mess all over your face.
  • Lotion is my best ali against eczema when used daily.
  • The "rurtrouh" face is learned at an early age( i'm in trouble face)
  • Seeing the world through your babies eyes brings you back to the basics
  • Whatever you leave out will either get put in your babies mouth or be hidden.
  • Boxes are much more fun than toys.
  • Even at my worst/hardest times, Ela probably wont remember- Thank God!
So over the past year, who got wiser? Both of us. Although she has become such a smart little lady, I never thought I would learn as much as I did from her this year or about myself. I can not wait to see what a beautiful young girl she becomes. To make sure that I remember all of these little moments, I am going to write a letter to Ela every year on her birthday letting her know how proud of her I am and how much she is growing. (I got the idea from a mommy friend) When she is 18 I will give her the letters for her to read and keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment