Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pigeons and Swings

Chasing Ela around the house and traveling has really not left me much blog time. I will try to catch up the past 2 months in the abbreviated version. Yesterday Ela turned 8 months. It is so hard to believe that she is closer to 1 year than she is to a new born.She honestly amazes me every day with how much she learns and how curious is about EVERYTHING! The little things that she learns or even how does her little body know one day how to do something she couldn't the day before. The pure innocence in her excitement about things as simple as a bird or even when I come home from work. On Labor Day Tomasz was leaving for work;every time he leaves he always waves at her. He was in a hurry and was running out the door. She turned and waved goodbye for the first time. The one wave started a trend; we have overused the wave at this point pretty much waving at everyone that she comes in contact with. When I dropped her off at Helen's she even waved goodbye to me before I was ready to leave(at least thats a good sign). She truly amazes me daily and I feel so lucky to be able to experience her grow.

So in catching up with the past two milestone pictures here are 7 and 8 months!

So the past two months we have been very busy mostly traveling. Ela will probably have enough frequent flyer miles for a free plane ticket pretty soon.

In August, Ela and I went down to Charlotte to see Susan and Caden. I personally was so excited to meet Caden and hang out with Susan.(It was the first time we had seen each other when we both were not pregnant) It was alot harder than we thought having two babies together all weekend with different feeding and sleeping schedules but was SO much fun. Caden just kept looking at Ela and for a few minutes I was afraid Ela was going to play a little rough with him.The highlight for the munchkins was the pool.











The weekend after we got back from Charlotte, NYC had one heck of a week. Tuesday we had an earthquake. The city felt a little rumbling; it felt like I was just dizzy. Thank goodness Ela was in the building and Helen was able to bring her to me. Then on Friday/Saturday night we got hit with Hurricane Irene. It was not as bad as everyone predicted but it was still weird to get hit with a hurricane in a high rise building. Check out our bunker! (AKA our hallway- we all slept there)

 After weathering out the hurricane, Ela and Tomasz headed to Atlanta and I met up with them two days later.Tomasz and I had a belated anniversary trip to Puerto Rico while Ela spent the weekend with all of her grandparents. I did great and she did even better; I was so nervous to leave her for the first time in almost 17 months(including womb). She had so much fun and was exhausted when we got home...Tomasz and I had a great time too! Here are a few from our trip.



Other than traveling we try to have relaxing weekends when possible. Ela's new thing is the swing when she is outdoors.She giggles the whole time. One of her other favorite things to do is to watch the birds/pigeons in the morning on the promenade while Mommy has coffee. She goes crazy!(hence the title of the blog) Check out a few pics:

Strike a pose...My little Diva
GOOOOO Bulldogs!
Getting ready to walk!
So what do you want to talk about today?! Milk....
Swinging with Tatus(Daddy)

This is where I am the happiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment