Monday, May 13, 2013

"I love you too much"

I love being a Mom. Its just that simple.
This year for Mother's Day I just wanted to be with my little family, and thats just what I did. I tried to teach Ela about Mother's Day and Father's Day and she kept saying "No, Ela Day"  :) So it was really Ela's day.

On Saturday we went to spend the day with my Grandmother. She is Mother of 4, Grandmother to 7, and Great Grandmother to 2. We had a BBQ despite the torrential rainfall mid day. It was so nice to just hang out, eat, and have Ela destroy someone else's house. (Just kidding about the last part) We cooked so much food and Ela successfully went the whole day in her "Big Girl Undies"
First Corn on the Cob



The next day we woke up, Ela jumped in our bed and we had some Baran family snuggles before church.  We headed to church, and then off to one of my favorite brunch spots. I am proud to say that Hubs and I both forgot our cell phones(by pure accident) so I have no pictures, but we had such a nice time without technology for a few hours. Brunch started to get challenging without the go-to Elmo videos but Ela survived the way we did as kids and just made a mess of the table.

The rest of the day, I had planned to get my nails done and have some quiet time, however it was so nice outside that I wanted to enjoy the park with Ela and Tomek. There is always next weekend!




We came home, cooked dinner together and then Tomasz and I curled up and watched Safe Haven. I have been wanting to see that move for a while.

 If you follow me on Facebook, then you probably already read the best part of my day. I went to go take a bath and relax for a few minutes while Tomasz entertained Ela. While sitting in the bath, I hear Ela in the other bathroom and Tomasz trying to rationalize with her.(Which never works for the record). He finally gave in and Ela comes running into my bathroom. With the biggest,  proudest grin on her face she says "Mommy I brought you toys" as she plops them in the tub. By this time Tomasz came into the bathroom and she is half undressed with one leg in the tub. How cute is she? What amazes me is her genuine sweetness. She really wanted to make me happy. (And that she did) I cried like a baby. That night when I put her to bed, I told her how sweet she was and that Mommy was happy she thought about me. Her reply " I love you too much Mommy".  Need I say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment